Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Monday, September 23, 2013, Over the Atlantic Ocean

We got up at 7 to allow time to deal with any details that we may have overlooked yesterday.  We had our coffee and caught up on e-mail and FaceBook.  We had decided only to take Gerri's laptop.  I backed up the quicken files from my computer and restored them to hers.  On the cruise I will use my iPad for e-mail and FaceBook and we we will both use our Kindles for reading.

I put away the water and sewer hoses, only leaving the power cord hooked up.  We were scheduled to be picked up by Richard in the shuttle at 11:30.  At 11:15 I took in the slide rooms and raised the jacks.  I also turned the air conditioners up so that they won't run all the time and hopefully enough to keep things aired out.

When Richard arrived I set off an insecticide bomb in the coach and the basement and closed things up.  A few days ago Gerri had seen some ants, so I hoped to kill them and prevent anymore ants or spiders from taking up residence.

Richard dropped us off at the airport at about noon.  Our flight leaves at 1:55 for Philadelphia.  The flight to Philadelphia was delayed by heavy rain and was turbulent most of the way including the landing.

Our arrival gate was A5 and the flight to Barcelona departs form A15, so we didn't have far to go.  The flight to Philadelphia was two and a half hours and the flight to Barcelona is scheduled to be seven and a half hours. 

Dinner was served and I watched a movie, Avatar, and then we slept or read off and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment