Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tuesday, September 10, 2013, Charleston, SC

There was no need to get up too early this morning, since we have only 200 miles to drive.  We had our coffee and started getting ready to travel.  All that was necessary outside was to unhook from shore power.

We pulled out of Lazy Acres at 9:15.  There was an accident on Claude Lee Road and I had to stop very quickly to avoid an ambulance coming from a side road with out sire but with red lights.  Things shifted more that we had ever experienced..Most of our route today was south on I-95 to I-25 and the city streets to the James Island Park RV area.

On the way we did stop at a couple of rest areas, one had no caches and the other was an offset that required projecting a waypoint.  Gerri's phone couldn't do this, so I didn't find it.

We arrived at the RV Park at 2:30.  I thought the park didn't have pull through sites but I was wrong.  We were assigned site 37, a wide long pull through.
He didn't say much but he was our greeter
When I opened the power Box to plug into shore power, I was greeted by a small green tree frog escaping the heat inside the power box.

The James Island Count Park is huge, over 600 acres..  It has the RV park, a water park, several picnic areas, miles of hiking trails and a couple of fishing, crabbing and clamming areas.

I found one cache along the trail about a half mile from the RV Park.  I only walked about 400' to find the cache.
An oak tree near the cache

Gerri made pasta and spaghetti sauce for supper.  We also had garlic toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment