Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Monday, Sept 2, 2013, Romance, WV

The chapel at Rippling Waters
We slept in until about 8:30.  I fixed coffee and we caught up on our e-mail and Facebook.  I also started entering the tens and fives that I got from the credit union to use for tipping once we start the trip to Spain, the cruise and back to Ft. Lauderdale into WheresGeorge.com.  The connection wasn't good and the job went slow.

Gerri wanted to go to Macy's to check on some bedding she was interested in.  I went with her, she didn't buy the bedding but picked up a chili pot that Lottie wanted.  After we left the downtown mall we headed to Lowe's to pick up some light bulbs for Lotties's kitchen light.  On the way we went to Blackhawk Hollow to take a look at where I was born and raised.  My Mother sold the house about 6 years ago and about three years ago a tree fell on the roof.  The house was condemned and torn down last year.  The lot is pretty much overgrown and didn't look large enough to hold our old house.

The Navy at Charleston Landing
After stopping at Lowe's we went to Ed and Lottie's and dropped off the chili pot and light bulbs.  We didn't stay long since Eddie was starting to prepare for his colonoscopy tomorrow and we wanted to get to Ripping Waters and set up.  On the way back to the coach we stopped to take pictures of a Navy LST that is touring the Kanawa River.


Camping at Cabela's

Display at Cabela's

Display at Cabela's








My birthplace
We did go into Cabela's to do some shopping.  Cabela's usually has t-shirts with the store name and city on them.  Gerri didn't find a shirt, so we went back to the coach and hooked up the Jeep.  We left Cabela's where we had stayed two nights without hookups.  Even with our bad experience when we arrived there on Saturday, we looked forward to setting up there.  It is still the closest RV Park to Charleston and a beautiful setting.  It didn't take very long to travel the 26 miles from Cabela's to Rippling Waters.

The office was closed but the campground manager was home and directed me to site 10 and said to come see her in the morning.  Site 10 has been our favorite and we have parked there three times before.  We got parked and I did all the hookups and unhooked the Jeep.  I had no problems with the sewer hose and got hooked up with no spillage and dumped both tanks.There was thunder and lightning and it looked like it would rain soon, so I didn't put up the flags.  Like I said this is a beautiful place and in the past there have been a pair of swans and a lot of ducks.  This year there was only one swan.  I will have to ask about the other.  I do know that swans mate for life and it would be sad if the other swan died.
The tugboat Charleston

The rain came with a eavy but short down pour.  Not enough to effect the satellite reception.  That didn't hold true for the steady longer rain that came later.  All in all we didn't loose reception for very long.  The internet connection through Verizon seemed to be better here than in town.  I completed my entries into wheresgeorge.co

No comments:

Post a Comment