Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday, February 28, 2013, San Clemente, CA

Thursday, February 28, 2013, San Clemente, CA
It was a switch today, I was up before Gerri and had the coffee ready when she got up.  I guess I had in the back of my mind that I might have to run an errand this morning to help Bill.  On the way here yesterday he had a blowout on his truck.  On the 241 toll road, his right rear tire blew separating the tread from the casing.  There was also some body damage.  He planned to go into Oceanside to a Discount Tires store and get a replacement..  If there is a long delay he plans to call me and I will pick him up.  He was gone when I got up and looked around.
When I got up the first thing I noticed was that our neighbor to the east had left.  The park is less than a quarter full, I expect that to change tomorrow.
Bill had to order the tire so I didn't have to pick him up in Oceanside.
We sat around enjoying the southern California sun in the afternoon.
Supper tonight was with the Cavagnaro's,  Elaine's sister and husband came over and Bill grilled steaks.  Due to a misunderstanding some of the steaks were New York ct and others were t-bone.  All were good.  We also had mushrooms, smashed potatoes and cauliflower.  Marsha thought it was weird to post pictures of dinner on a blog, but here are some of our steaks grilling.
That's mine in the middle

After supper the ladies played a card game and the guys told tall stories.
We loaded up our grill and chairs and headed home at about 8  PM.
Tomorrow Marsha is going to fix shrimp scampi, something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment