Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wednesday, February 27, 2013, San Clemente, CA



Gerri got up very early and started her admin duties for the Facebook groups she works with.  I slept in until after eight.  My first duty is to turn on the coffee.  I got my mail read and my Face Book reading done while the coffee was brewing.  I posted yesterday's blog and did at least the heading for today's.
I forgot to post yesterday that I talked to Curtis.  He is flying to Las Vegas on Wednesday and driving Gerri's car to Riverside for his Grandmother's memorial.  
The last couple of motorhome trips we have stopped our mail and had it held at the post office.  This can be done on line but only for 30 days at a time.  In the past we have always had someone around to mail the monthly package to us.  Even though it hasn't been 30 days we are having the mail delivered on March 6th.  Curtis will bring it to us on the 8th and we will put another stop on until we return home.  This will give me a week to go through the mail and make sure nothing important is overlooked.  I think Gerri has arranged to have a friend come by the house and send us our mail during the 5 months we plan to travel starting the end of June.  Most people that live and travel full time in their motorhomes subscribe to a mail forwarding service.
If you haven't figured it out, all our time isn't spent at play.  We still have bills to pay, washing and cleaning goes on too, as does grocery shopping and meal preparation.  Traveling in the motorhome puts us closer to the things we enjoy while doing these mundane chores.
Bill , Elaine and John pulled in about 1pm and I watched them set up.  I usually try not to get involved while someone is either setting up or getting ready to leave.  I don't want to interrupt their routine and cause them to forget something.  It has happened to me, causing me not to get the Jeep hooked up properly for towing.  
We finalized plans for supper at Sonny's and shopping for tomorrows steak grilling.
We sat outside our coach until the sun got down far enough that we are in the shadow of our own coach.  Before we leave here we plan to walk around and list the sites we like best and that we will fit into. That will give us a guide for making future reservations.  Gerri likes the sites with partial ocean view with the door of the RV on the west or ocean side.  I like the handicap spots because they have concrete pads under the tables, there is only one handicap spot that puts the RV door facing west.  That is my favorite because it is an end site with a large grassy area.  It is also in high demand.
At 5pm we headed to Sonny's.  We took two cars so that Gerri and Elaine could stop at Von's to pick up items needed for tomorrows supper.  There should be seven of us, Elaine's sister and her husband will join us for supper.
A sunset from two years ago at San Clemente

As usual Sonny's was up to expectations.  Gerri and I both tried something new.  Gerri had stuffed shells, a Sonny's specialty and I had spicy calamari.  great food, great company.
Back at the park we visited for awhile and retired to our coach for the evening.  No dishes to wash so it was just Judge Judy and a couple of Gunsmoke episodes and then to bed.

Today would have been my mom's 92nd birthday.  Happy birthday Mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment