Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday, February 23, 2013, Lake Havasu City, AZ

Saturday, February 23, 2013, Lake Havasu City, AZ
We had our coffee between 8 and 9.  The plan for the day was to go to brunch with Keith and Alice at Juicy's Restaurant.
Before Keith and Alice picked us up I started to roll up out outdoor gear.  Before they came I got the table, the outdoor carpet and two of the chairs put away.

Brunch at Juicy's
At Juicy's we had a great brunch.  Our waitress was new and we had a good time with her.
On the way back to the park we stopped at Grampa's Antiques and bought a couple of things to hang on our back wall.
Back at the park, Gerri took a nap.  I dumped the sewer and grey water and disconnected the city water in preparation of leaving at about 9 AM PST in the morning.  We have about 320 miles to drive to San Clemente.  All I have to do in the morning is close the slides and take the jacks up.  Of course Gerri has to put away a lot of things inside before we travel.
I went out for awhile and found four caches.  I gassed up the Jeep at a Chevron Station near the Walmart just north of us on AZ-95.  I checked out the station and is should be easy in and out in the morning.  I plan to have Gerri follow me there in the morning in the Jeep and fuel up the motorhome.  Diesel is $4.15 a gallon and I expect to pay more in California before we head home.
We went to Keith and Alice's at about 4:30 for a meet and greet.  I really need to become better with names for these occasions.  The ladies spotted a hummingbird nest in a tree behind Keith and Alice's  lot.  There was a bird in the nest but they couldn't tell if there were eggs or little ones yet.

After the meet and great we went back to our coach.  We had some cheese and tortillas for supper.
TV and computer time finished up the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment