Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tuesday, February 19, 2013, Lake Havasu City, AZ

Tuesday, February 19, 2013, Lake Havasu City, AZ

Gerri got up at o'dark 30, 5:30 AM.  I stayed in bed until the decent hour of 8.  While drinking coffee the wind started blowing, it isn't awful but the forecast is for more wind and possibly rain by tomorrow.  The coffee hasn't been as good as at home.  I think the coffee maker in the coach isn't working very well, not getting hot enough.  We will shop for a new one today.
I downloaded some caches in the area and may get around to hunting a few later today.
It started getting breezy at about 10 AM.  I walked down to the activity center and used some of the equipment there to get in part of my prescribed exercises.  I rode the semi recumbent stationary bicycle for 15 minutes then moved to a leg press machine.  I did some wall slides using an exercise ball and finished the gym part of the work out on a leg extension/flex machine.  At the therapy place I had been going to these were two different machines, but the work out was about the same.
After getting back to the coach, I got my GPSRs loaded with nearby caches.  I use one on the dash of the Jeep to get me near the caches by road and then the handheld to close in on foot.  The Nuvi I use in the Jeep has a pedestrian mode.  I may try it out, The DeLorme hand held has the advantage of being able to read all the cache information and the logs of five previous hunters.  I also want to tryout Gerri's new phone, but she hasn't downloaded the geocaching app yet.
The new coffee maker, in place ready to go
I found two caches, one was a DNF from last year when we were visiting Lake Havasu City.  I also bought a new coffee maker at Walmart.  It is a ten cup with a thermal carafe, Mr. Coffee brand.  We will see in the morning if it makes better coffee.  I don't think the old was was getting the water hot enough.  I also stopped at Lowe's and bought a new bulb for the light under the microwave.  I'm hoping for better success than I had the last time.
By late afternoon the wind was blowing and had a cold edge to it and the prediction for rained looked like it was true.
Before supper we visited with Keith and Alice for awhile.  Keith had bought some new outside chairs and a table and was busy doing the "some assembly required."  Because of the wind we didn't have a fire in their fireplace tonight.  They have a covered area with table and chairs,  it also has heat lamps and screens that drop down.  So we were pretty comfortable around the table with cheese and cracker snacks.
Back at the coach, Gerri fixed ham, cheese and egg burritos,  I checked out the new coffee maker, cleaning it up and testing the carafe with hot water. The water was still hot several hours later when I emptied the pot.  I have high hopes that it will make for better coffee in the morning.
I re-installed the printer which for some reason had lost contact with the computer since I last used it.  I think I was successful  at least it printed a couple of sheets I sent to it.  Tomorrow I will try to connect Gerri's laptop with the computer, something I never was able to do at home.
As usual TV and computer time rounded out the evening.  Sometime during the night the rain started.  So much for the newly washed coach and Jeep.
All in all another good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment