Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wednesday, February 20, 2013, Lake Havasu City, AZ

Wednesday, February 20, 2013, Lake Havasu City, AZ
Snow to the east
We were up by 7:30.  I don't know when the rain started last night but it was still raining when we got up.  The rain lasted until about 9:30 and by 10 the sun was peeking through, it may turn out to be a nice day.  Looking east from my seat at the desk I can see the dusting of snow on the mountains about two miles away.
I turned on the new coffee maker.  When it was finished the first taste told us it was better.  Since the new one worked, I put the box and the old coffee maker out for the trash pickup.
After the rain stopped and the sun was peeking through I wiped the water spots off the Jeep and as high on the coach as I could reach.  I hope I was overly optimistic about the rain having stopped.
I did part of my exercises at the coach and then walked up to the activity center for the part on the equipment there.  I hope to have my left leg in better shape for that operation than my right one was.  My balance is still poor.  I have made 10 seconds on my right leg only twice.  I have been told that if I can't balance on one foot for 30 seconds, I am a high fall risk.  Of course taking Coumadin I don't want to risk a fall.
In the late afternoon it was off to the Walmart for items needed for tonight's supper, we are having Keith and Alice over for salmon.
By 4:30 the sun was fully out and the sky clearing with no wind, I guess I made the right choice in wiping the water off the coach and Jeep.
At 5 PM Alice and Keith came over.  We visited for awhile and the had supper. Gerri prepared salmon, green beans and quinoa. We also had grape tomatoes and mushrooms on the side.  Alice brought a lemon meringue pie for dessert.
Every dinner with Keith and Alice seems to be better than the last.
Plans were made for the rest of the week and Keith and Alice went home about 8 PM.
After I washed the dishes I decided to have a go at replacing the light bulb under the microwave.  The bulb burned out last year and I tried replacing it then.  That try at replacing the bulb didn't work out.  The bulb is a small one with two prongs that go into holes that you have to be close to and upside down to see and the package has a warning not to touch the bulb with bare hands.  I bought two bulbs at Lowe's day before yesterday.  Tonight I got the bulb in just like I knew what I was doing.  It wasn't over, I dropped the screw that hold the cover over the bulb three or four times.  Once the screw fell on the floor and it took a lot of searching to find the tiny thing.  I finally got the job done, now Gerri has her favorite night light again plus it makes it nicer when using the stove.
As usual our night wound up with TV and computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment