Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Monday, February 25, 2013, San Clemente, CA



We woke up to a clear day, sunny and only a little breeze.  While catching up on computer stuff and having our coffee, Vanessa called on Skype.  She was on for quite awhile.  I drew a Unicorn, Fairy Princess and a big wheel tricycle for her
I did my work out and took a couple of turns around the park.  I miss the semi-recumbent bike at the activity center at Havasu RV Resort.  On my second time around I stopped and talked to some other campers who I have seen here before.  Larry and Marilyn come here often and usually on the first row with an ocean view.  Larry is a disabled veteran.  Disabled vets get to camp here with no fee by reason of their service. While I was gone Gerri sat out in the sun for awhile.
Back at the coach Gerri had figured out how to load some apps on her phone.  I downloaded some nearby geocaches and loaded them on both the Jeep GPS and my handheld.  The app on Gerri’s phone showed a cache at the entrance to the campground, the detail was down to street level pictures of the cache area.  I used Gerri’s phone as a GPS and found the cache.  Her phone makes it easy to log the find than when using my handheld unit in conjunction with my SPOT. The screen on this phone is much easier to view in the sun than her last phone.
After the sun went down it got quite cool out.  Supper was leftovers from a couple of last week’s meals. 
As usual the day wound down with TV and computer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment