Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday, February 24, 2013, San Clemente, CA


Sunday, February 24, 2013, San Clemente, CA
Oddly enough I got up before Gerri.  I fixed coffee.  When I set the coffee maker up last night I forgot to empty the left over from yesterday and had a mess to clean up.  On top of that we had lukewarm coffee the rest of the day.
Gerri hadn't slept very well and I was all finished getting the outside pretty much ready to travel  I had to get her up to roll up the inside for travel.  We left the park at about 9 AM and stopped for fuel at the Chevron station north of the park on AZ-95.  Wow, $4.15 a gallon.  I think this is the most I ever paid for diesel, I suspect we will pay more in California before heading home next month..  After hooking up the Jeep we headed out north toward I-40.
The wind had howled all during the night and we were heading straight into it.  We got to I-40 and headed west with a side wind.  At times the gusts were pretty strong.  Add to the wind the fact that I-40 once we were in California is very rough.  The rough road cleared up a little after we passed the intersection with US-95 north, but the wind was with us for the rest of the trip to San Clemente.  The direction and gusting varied but was always there.
We traveled on I-40 to Barstow where we turned south on I-15.  We were on I-15 until we turned on CA-91, the Riverside Freeway.  After that it was CA-55 to I-5 and then on to San Clemente.
We arrived at the San Clemente State beach at about 4 PM.  We parked in site #54 , a handicapped site.  The site is long and wide with a concrete pad under the picnic table.
The sunset was beautiful, but we didn't walk down to where we could see it clearly.  Hopefully we will have a chance to get a good picture later during the week.
We attended the services at Oakey Blvd. via the internet.  A good message by Randy Mabe.
After church we tried to go to a nearby In N Out to indulge in a hamburger..  There was nothing at the address Gerri found.  We then went to the Beach Flame Restaurant in downtown San Clemente and had hamburgers with blue cheese and all the trimmings.

TV and computer rounded out the evening as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment