Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010


From Turlock, CA N34º30.501 W120º52.316



Another famous Barker start. We slept till almost 8 AM. By the time we said goodbyes to the Allreds and underway it was 10:40 AM. Once we reached Bakersfield we decided to take CA-99 north instead of I-5. It sure was a lot smoother than I-5. We broke the 250 rule. I drove 285 miles and didn’t stop until 5:30 PM. We pulled into the parking lot of the WalMart in Turlock, CA, as I was walking to the store to inquire about overnight parking a security guard stopped an told me no need to ask. It was ok, he directed me to where he preferred me to par. That coincidently the place I thought best also.

We had leftovers from the supper that Dana had fixed the night before we left, along with leftovers from Friday evening’s meal.

After Super I went in WalMart to pay the rent, err buy some groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment