Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 29, 2010




From Libby, MT, ID N48°23.793’ W115°34.121’

Day 26, Caravan Day -6

I got up about 7 Am and started to slowly get ready to roll. We got under way at 9:50 AM. I did stop in Hayden for fuel. It wasn’t a truck stop and the pump stopped at $75.00. I went inside and ask them to set the pump so I could fill up. They refused, saying they had no control over that, it was my credit card. I have never heard of a station that couldn’t do what I ask, Needless to say the didn’t get the other $200 of my business.

The drive from Coeur d’Alene to Libby, MT was only 123 miles. But it was through some beautiful country. We stopped at a rest stop about 12 miles from Libby and I picked up a couple of travel bugs. We also stopped at a scenic point about 10 miles from Libby along the Kootenai River. Trouble was there was a hike to see the river and falls. Gerri wend on the hike to the river, Glenna and I went a little ways and turned around when we saw the 3 flights of steps down after crossing a walkway above a set of RR tracks with the trail going on past that. Gerri will post her pictures. I cut these from a web site about the falls.

We missed the turn in to the Two Bit Outfit RV Park and added about 5 miles to the drive. We got into the park and set up by about 3PM. The coup[le who manage the park have the same model coach that we do, so I spent some time comparing notes.

Gerri called Mary Chasey and she and Tom came and met us. After visiting for awhile we went to The last Straw for supper. Good hamburgers.

Tomorrow we plan to see a little of the area and then have supper at the Chasey’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment