Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

From Valleyford, WA N47°37.925’ W117°14.433’


Day 17, Caravan Day -17

I got up about 7:30 and enjoyed the scenery at Kim and Mark’s while catching up e-mail and Facebook.

I decided to clean off the windows of the Jeep in case we went somewhere. After the rain and road film between Kettle Falls and Valleyford I couldn’t see through them. I got the windows clean and decided to clean the whole car. It didn’t take very long. Mark came out and we walked around the property with the dogs. Mark pointed out changes he had made on the property.

We sat around the front of the house and visited while we finished coffee. A little afternoon we went to the Green Bluff farming area. As we drove to the area I remarked that this looked like the area we had visited with Gerri’s Uncle Red a few years ago and picked cherries. We shopped and had smoothies at a store, that’s where we saw the large rooster in one of the attached pictures. A little past the store we drove by an orchard that I’m sure was the one we had visited before. We stopped at Beck’s Harvest House and Walter’s Fruit Ranch before heading back to pick up Glenna to go to supper.

For supper we went to the Longhorn Barbeque in Spokane. We all had the excellent buffet. On the way back to the house we drove through downtown Valleyford. I blinked so we had to go around again. Back at the house Mark and I sat around in front of the house and talked. We did see a couple of deer. We also saw the lightening to the south. I guess that portends an accurate forecast of rain tonight and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment