Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, June 17, 2010


From Kettle Falls, WA N48º29.004’ W118º 9.984’


Day 14

We slept in today. A perfect day for it, it rained most of last night and all day. Sometimes only a sprinkle other times a down pour.

My mom and I drove into Colville for a visit to the ER to have her hip x-rayed. She fell last month and the pain was in her buttock area more recently that pain eased up but shifted to her left hip. She has been stiff and walking very slowly. We decided to have it checked out to make sure her hip was still intact, she had a replacement last year. The doctor’s opinion was that she had a deep bruise and advised Tylenol as needed and time for healing.

We stopped by a farmers market on the way home and got Bing Cherries. I also went into the WalMart and bought some rubber cement and a small Nerf ball. I used the rubber cement to secure the wooden buttons that cover the screw heads in some of the woodwork in the coach. These things constantly fall out and can’t be permanently glued in place. They might have to be removed later to access the screws. They are around the shower stall and the television sets. I only came up two short. I used the Nerf ball behind the over dash television set. I hope to stop the rattling on rough roads.

At 5 PM we headed into Colville for supper at a new steak, seafood place, the Maverick. Our party was me and Gerri, Bob and Barbara, Bud and Marlene and my mother. Most of us had steaks, Gerri had Pasta Primavera and my mother had fried shrimp, Good food, good friends, good grief, good time!

We had dessert back at the Rodreick’s, pie and homemade ice cream.

Tomorrow I plan to update the MotoSat unit and see if I can get it working properly.

The picture is looking nortish form Bob's house.  Beside the deer Lake Roosevelt can be seen in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment