Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 21, 2010

From Coeur d’Alene, ID N47°40.972’ W116°48.229’


Day 19, Caravan Day -15

Guess what. We had more rain during the night and it never let up. Today is moving day, so we started rolling things up. By noon we were almost ready to pull out except for hooking up the Jeep and unplugging from the electric. It was still raining so we decided that Gerri would follow me to Coeur d’Alene. That was so the Jeep would stay cleaner and I wouldn’t get so wet hooking it up.

As we got near Post Falls I called Gerri and ask if she wanted to stop at the Old European Restaurant for breakfast. Of course the answer was yes, partly because they have potato pancakes that are mouth watering good. We stopped, not many people there, it was close to closing time, 2PM. Glenna had strawberry crepes with cream filling, Gerri and I had eggs and meat to go with our potato pancakes.


It was only raining a little when we pulled in to the Blackwell Island RV Park. We got setup in space 148, of 182’ marked in red on the picture.  I dn't know when the picture was taken but there are a lot more RVs here now. Gerri was disappointed that we didn’t have a water view. I drove by the water view spots but none were empty. I did stop at the office and ask about availability. None were available for the whole time of our stay. Lots of people want these spaces for the 4th of July and reserve them early. We decided to stay where we were.

I made an appointment at RnR RV in Liberty Lake, WA to check out the locking levers on the big slide out room. I have to make some more phone calls tomorrow, Kevin on the solar, and Nick at Hughes Net because the Moto Sat is still getting me local access only. The modem is working properly even after 3 hours on the phone last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment