Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 3, 2010


6/3/2010 From Las Vegas, NV
Our week in Carlsbad, CA was great. But it ended on the 30th of May. On Saturday we had lunch with our friend Jane Knowles at the Norte Mexican restaurant.
Sunday we left Carlsbad and drove to Long Beach to vist Todd, our oldest son and his family. We had a great visit with the kids, they both old enough now that understand most of what they say.
We got home in Las Vegas about 2:30 PM on Monday the 31st. We went to pick up the RV from Bill’s house. We visited for awhile with Bill, Elaine and her sister and husband. When I plugged in the RV at the house I didn’t get any shore power. Tried the genset, no 110 from that either. I shut everything down and unplugged from the house. I hooked up again and everything worked fine. John and Tyne fixed supper for us, grilled chicken and Italian sausages.
Most of the day Tuesday was spent with doctors and going through the RV closets. I had some of the stitches taken out of my ear and the rest come out on Thursday. The doctor says it’s healing beautifully, of course he’s proud of his work. Trouble is now I think the left ear looks better than the right, but since I have no cancer there it won’t be changed. The afternoon doctor made some adjustments to my back, hips and neck. He also had an interpretation of the x-rays taken earlier. The news was mixed, the bump is mostly arthritis with some fluid present. He gave me a steroid shot and my knew doesn’t hurt like it did before. I always avoided the shots but now realize that a temporary discomfort is preferable to the continuing pain.
With Wednesday and most of Thursday behind us we are getting close to ready to go in the RV. Now we only have to stock the fridge and put in a few last minute things. I hope to leave for Fillmore early tomorrow, at least by 9 AM.
I turned on Verizon Broadband and DirecTV. The KVH antenna isn’t searching. I have a call in to Kevin Mallory for advice. The antenna hasn’t been used since November so I’m hoping when we travel it will jar something and reset or that Kevin can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment