Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 5, 2010

From Fillmore, CA N34º 22.370 W118º55.715




I really cooled of here during the night, very comfortable for sleeping. There was fog in the early morning but it burned off pretty quickly. Yesterday it took a long time for the coach to cool off especially in the back. I tend to forget when we park after a day of travel. During the afternoon when we were getting ready to go to the family potluck , Gerri did turn on the genset so she could run two air conditioners.

I downloaded a few geocaches in the area and found five. The fourth one was literally a park and grab, so I left the Jeep running. When I got back it was locked and still running. I must have pressed the button down when I got out. I didn’t think it would lock with the key in the ignition using the door button. When I tow it I leave the key in the ignition to unlock the front wheels and the only way it will lock is by using the key fob. I will check it out but apparently it’s a different story with the engine running. I was only about a mile from where we are staying and Gerri had our host bring me her keys. Just has he pulled up I remembered I had a door key in my billfold. Gerri says I need to be retrained.

We had a great evening visiting relative we know or just met. Some we see more often than others. There must have been forty of us there. Great food, good company, pleasant weather, does it get any better?

Big doings tomorrow after church to celebrate Phil and Lois Wall’s 50th wedding anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment