Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

june 26, 2010

From Coeur d’Alene, ID N47°40.972’ W116°48.229’


Day 23, Caravan Day -10

We just hung out at the coach until Edna and Sandy came over about noon. Then the ladies went to downtown Coeur d’ Alene. I went geocaching. I picked up one I missed yesterday and three others, I left one unfound. On my second cache I met another cacher, Traveler. Nice lady.

At four I went over to the Cedars Restaurant and made reservations for 5:45. Cedars is a floating restaurant on Lake Coeur d’ Alene. We had a window table and could see a portion of the lake and the downtown area across the lake. I never noticed the part of the resuarant we were in bobbing up and down, The movement was obvious in the outside dining area.  While we were having ppetisere, thre was a crash.  I had set my water glass about 3" form the table edge and didn't watch it.  It sure woke us up when ithit he deck.  After that I was aware of the movement, it could be seen by watchingth elights and a canoe suspended from the cieling.  Excellant food and we had leftovers t take home.

After supper we drove around the downtown area. It was really busy with a lot of people in town for tomorrows Ironman triathlon. The RV park is now full with a lot of athletic types walking, running and cycling around.

Back to the coach to hang out. It doesn’t get dark until about 9 PM.

There is information on the lake at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Coeur_d%27Alene

No comments:

Post a Comment