Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Tuesday June 21, 2016 Avrill (Albany), NY

New York State Capitol Building

We were out of the RV park by 8 AM.  We had a thunder storm during the night with a lot of lightning, wind and rain.  Leaving the park we noticed one tree down.  Along the highway there were limbs and a couple of power poles down.  We got a couple of pictures of barns and the country side before leaving the Buffalo area.




































The Mohawk River

We drove most of the way on I-90, a toll road.  It cost us over $60.  We arrived at the Alps Family Campground at about 3 and were directed to our site.  We got set up, including all utilities.










We are only here overnight but I dumped the tanks because we had been 4 nights without a sewer connection.  The power was 30 amp and kept kicking off when Gerri tried to run the dryer and Microwave.  We put the water heater on diesel to cut down the strain on the power supply.  Fortunately the weather is cool enough that we don't need an A/C.

We unhooked the Jeep and headed to Albany to see the capitol building.  Remember our quest to visit as many capitols as possible.  Traffic was awful and the streets narrow.  The capitol building itself is an imposing old building but has no dome like many other around the country.  We got a few pictures and headed back to the RV park at the peak of rush hour traffic.

Back

Front
Crossing the Hudson

I hooked the Jeep up ready for travel.  When we got there a neighbor told me I had a tail light out.  I checked the Jeep and motor home both hooked up and unhooked.  All the lights were functioning.  I also cleaned the bugs off the windshield.  I even cleaned the inside of the windshield, it was getting cloudy.

























I thought we had a drive of 240 miles tomorrow to the Bangor area.  I plugged in the RV's GPS and it calculated 380 miles, more if I avoided toll roads.  We will try to get an early start.  Another capitol to visit, Augusta, ME.  We did get a text from Montyne this afternoon that our mail would be waiting for us at the park near Bangor.




1 comment:

  1. Love that area. My home town is 25 miles east of Albany right on the Mass. State line. I also spent many summers just outside Bangor in Palmyra where my parents grew up and family remain. Great trip!

    ReplyDelete