Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Saturday June 11, 2016 Dubuque, IA

The clock tower in downtown Dubuque
Gerri got up early and met Margie at the farmer's market downtown.  Margie likes to get there while some of the vendors she knows are setting up.

Gerri came back to the coach at about 9 and I made our coffee.  After coffee we went to Margie's apartment.  Her friend Deb was there and introductions were made.  Deb lives in the same building.  While the ladies visited I went to a Batteries Plus store and bought new batteries for Margie's portable phones.  When I left the store, there was a nearby geocache I couldn't resist looking for.  I found it.

Margie and Gerri
Back at Margie's, we realized that the AAA batteries I bought weren't the rechargeable type.  On the way to lunch we swung back by the battery store and got the right ones.  Our lunch was at Catfish Charlies.  http://catfishcharliesdubuque.com/ We have been to this restaurant every time we visit Dubuque.  The restaurant is at a busy marina just down river from the RV park, to get there from the RV park is only about a half mile without the need to get on a highway or major street.  As usual the food was good.  We all ordered the catfish dinner,  The portions were large and everyone took home about half their meal.


After the late lunch we dropped Margie and Deb off at their apartment building.  We returned to the RV park.  After cooling off some I went out to look for some nearby geocaches.  One was along a bike trail that runs by the park.  I found it and two others easily.  I looked for another with no luck and passed on even looking for a 4th one because it would have involved going into the brush.

It was very humid out.  When I returned to the park I drove along the road behind where we are parked.  It is in the trees and very muddy.  I don't think the sun would ever shine on those campsites.  In spite of the mud, heat and humidity the park is nearly full and a lot of people were out playing games, fishing or just sitting out.  Personally I don't enjoy the heat and humidity, we stayed inside the rest of the evening with the a/c running.  Without TV and poor wifi we listened to some old time radio and read until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment