Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Saturday June 4, 2016 Branson, MO

There was heavy rain about 7:30 and another cell passed over a little after eight,  After coffee and catching up on a few chores I went geocaching.  I found two nearby.  Besides the caching I picked up our tickets for the shows we plan to see later in our stay.

Our little corner of Branson
When I got back to the coach I found a note on the door that our water had been turned off.  I checked with Gerri and no one had knocked on the door.  I hope she didn't do too many loads of wash without water.  I checked and there was no leak.  The condensation from the air conditioning units all drains to the water compartment and then out on the ground.  I called security at the number on the note and told them what happened.  They apologized for the inconvenience.

The sun had come out in the afternoon and the forecast for more rain never materialized.  By late afternoon it was quite nice.  Not as humid as we expected.  The water on the ground from the A/C units had nearly dried up.

At a little before 7 we headed out to see the show we had scheduled for tonight.  We allowed ourselves plenty of time to get to the theater.  These were a set of tickets I didn't pick up earlier and the main street where many of the theaters are is two lane and very slow.  The show we saw was Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede.  Dolly wasn't in the show.  The show was similar to the one at the Excalibur without the jousting and sword play.  It featured great riders in choreographed scenes and a lot of comedy.  It was also a dinner show.  No utensils, so everything was eaten by hand.  The meal featured soup, pork and a small chicken, potato, corn on the cob, roll and all the lemonade we could drink.  We both enjoyed the show.

The drive back to the RV park was as slow as the drive to the theater.  We were home by 10:30 and I was in bed a short time later.

No comments:

Post a Comment