Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Monday June 20, 2016 Java Center, NY

American Falls
First day of summer, day after Father's Day.  We started for Niagara Falls at about 11AM drinking our coffee on the way.  It was a little over an hours drive

It has been about 12 years since we were here last.  We had heavy rains that year and the water was muddy.  I was first here in the late '40s.  The pictures from then are in black and white.  My cousin Ed and I came with our uncle Curtis, from Texas.  We drove from West Virginia in his Cadillac, the first air conditioned car I ever saw.

We need selfie practice
I may be more critical than I should but the area seemed junkier than ever, more tourist trap type places than I remember.  We took a lot of pictures along the walk and from the observation tower.  I would have posted them, but I left the camera on a bench while Gerri got the Jeep from the parking garage.  Gerri called the park and the park police when we got back to the coach.  No one had turned it in.  Unless there is a setting I don't recall, I don't think there is anyway to find us using the camera.










We decided on Italian for a late lunch, early dinner.  Siri found us an open one on the way.  We got really lucky with Marotto's in Buffalo.  http://www.marottos.com/ 
This was so good that I submitted a Trip Advisory review:  https://goo.gl/wt6yTJ


We got back to the RV park at about 5:30.  I went out to find a geocache about 1.7 miles away.  I didn't find it.

Tomorrow we plan to travel about 290 miles to an RV park near Albany. One more stop on our quest to visit state capitol buildings.

We were in bed by 10, planning to get up about 6 for an early start.



No comments:

Post a Comment