Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Monday June 6, 2016 Branson, MO

Another sunny morning, not a cloud visible.  I made the coffee and caught up on computer activities.

I did a couple of chores outside.  I didn't go caching because I still have itching chigger bites from a few days ago.  After working around the coach near the grass, I found that I had several new bites.  These guys are everywhere.

It was pretty much a lazy day.  Gerri did some wash.  All the shows that we have been to here in Branson have recognized veterans.  You are all probably aware today is the 72nd anniversary of D-Day and that Memorial day was just a few days ago.  Today I am especially thankful for all that our veterans have given us, especially those who never returned from war.  My family was extremely fortunate that those that served in wars came home to continue to serve their country and influence our everyday lives.

We went to Montana Mikes for dinner before our 7 o'clock show. http://tinyurl.com/Montanamikes  We both had hamburgers and shared an order of onion rings and an order of fried okra.  We arrived at the Grand Country Theater http://www.grandcountry.com/ just before the show started.  Tonight we saw a show titled Grand Jubilee. http://www.grandcountry.com/grand-jubilee  This enjoyable show featured comedy, rock and roll, blues, county and gospel.

After the show it wasn't long before we were through for the night.  I read a couple of pages before giving it up.  I did have to get up a couple of times during the night to re-apply some Benadryl creme to my chigger bites.



No comments:

Post a Comment