Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tuesday, April 9, 2013, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico




Gerri and Neva went to the pool before I got out of bed. Thinking about these blogs, I could use a lot of “ditto yesterdays.”
The property is lushly landscaped

I started my day with coffee. Last night I downloaded my e-mail. I had stopped the mail I get from groups and asked many people not to send me the usual forwards. While many of these are interesting, many duplicates come from different correspondents. I will miss some of the information but our time on the internet here is limited to half an hour a day. More time is very costly.

This morning I read e-mail from last night. One e-mail was from Richard Golgart, he is the chairman of the Sheriff's Protective Association's scholarship committee. His e-mail included the letters that scholarship applicants include with their applications. It took a little time to read all the letters, there were thirteen. It was an uplifting experience. These young people have lofty and worthy goals and have set their courses to achieving their goals. It is too bad we can't give them all scholarships.

I also read the latest installment from cousin Arlene and Bill Leedy's recent Western Caribbean Cruise. Beside Arlene's excellent written descriptions of their activities there are great pictures to enjoy. The latest installment was their stop in Cozumel.

Cooking Class
After my reading I took a walk around the resort. At the speed of my walk I would be better to call it a stroll. After making sure of our dinner reservations for Friday evening I joined the ladies at the pool. Gerri and Neva had just finished with a cooking class activity learning how make Mexican guacamole and they told me that is was really good. There were no leftovers for me.

Normal day at the pool, we were not winners at Loteria. Gerri and Neva left the pool area before me to get cleaned up for the owners welcome party. After my shower I went to the party area and got us seats. Tonight they had tamales, BBQ ribs and the regular assortment of dips with chips.

Gerri and Neva went back to the unit and I stayed longer, talking to some people I met from Chicago. When I got to the unit Gerri had just finished
Fiesta are a, ready for the owner's welcome party
beating her mom for the second time on a card game of Spite and Malice. We played one game of dominoes and Neva had her revenge. Gerri came in second and I brought up the rear.

All in all it was was a good day, another day of several whale sightings. The young ones are fun to watch the most as they can be very active jumping out of the water. I finished a novel in the morning that I had started yesterday and I also finished another one today. I'll start another in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment