Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday, April 5, 2013, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California, Mexico




We were up early today.  When I got up at a few minutes after 7, Gerri was already at the pool. I fixed coffee and Neva went to the pool to join Gerri, taking coffee with her for them to enjoy.

I stayed at the unit and drank my coffee while reading and working on a couple of Sudoku puzzles. Gerri came back from the pool at about 9:30 to go shopping at Costco. We went to the lobby and called for a taxi. We were told the price to Costco was $15.00. There was quite a bit of discussion between the bellman and driver before we left the Hacienda Del Mar. When we arrived at Costco the driver wanted $18.00. I refused to pay since the agreed upon price was $15.00, USD. I did pay the $15.00 and the taxi driver left, I think he was angry with both me and the bellman.

After shopping for food we checked out with a bill of about $3600 MP. And we only have a small fridge, Before leaving Costco in a taxi, I made sure the agreed upon price back to The Hacienda del Mar was $15.00 USD.

After getting all the food put away Gerri and I joined Neva back at the pool. We were in time for Loteria. Not that it mattered, we only had bad luck. No winners.

Gerri and Neva went back to the unit before I did. On the way back I noticed that the surf was quite high and the Sea of Cortez was very rough,

Gerri paid for extra time on the internet, so we both caught up on e-mail and Facebook.

Gerri fixed salmon for dinner, with squash and brown rice with quenoa on the side. Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment