Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday, April 14, 2013, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico




I neglected to get the coffee ready to brew last night. Gerri believes the husband should make the coffee. I think that that belief comes from fact that there is a book in the New Testament titled “Hebrews.” Gerri went to the office and got coffee for herself and Neva. She also put towels on lounges at a palapa on the beach. I made the coffee as they left for the beach. Gerri plans to come back and get more coffee after finishing her first cup on the beach.  
The palapas on the beach are mostly near the hotel but still accessible to the beach vendors. In Mexico all beaches are public, but there is some definition of beach that only allows the vendors to come to the edge of the resort's property. Needless to say the vendors made some money off Gerri and Neva.



Mahogany bowl vendor
We planned to use a certificate we received for going to the time share presentation for eating this afternoon. I noticed that the certificate expired on the 13th, so I had to stop by the sales center and get the date changed.

I then joined the ladies on the beach. Even though it's on the sand the palapa offered more shade than the umbrella by the pool with out paying so much attention to re-positioning. For lunch we all ordered cheeseburgers with fries. The hamburger patties were huge and had all the trimmings, Very good.

After lunch we went to poolside for our daily drubbing at Loteria. After Loteria, Neva and I went to the concierge's desk and had them confirm her flight and shuttle for in the morning. I also called Club Regina and confirmed that we were assigned to a street level unit. That is the closest thing they have to handicapped units.
Looking south along the beach

Back on the beach I ordered a shrimp cocktail to bring the bill up closer to the $75 we had on the certificate. I was so full I let the last $10 go. We closed the bill and Gerri and Neva went back to the room. I had started a Stuart Woods novel so I stayed and read until about six.

Gerri and Neva were on our patio and welcomed me back to the unit.

Last day in Mexico
Check out for us tomorrow is at 10 AM. Neva meets her shuttle to the airport at 9 AM,

I have arranged a rental car for the move to Club Regina and in the morning I will ask for a later checkout time. We plan to lounge around the pool area and pick up the car at 3 PM, check out our kitchen at Club Regina and then go shopping for food stuff for the next two weeks. `

No comments:

Post a Comment