Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tuesday April 22, 2014 At Sea




I haven’t noted that the last few days have been sunny and warm and the seas smooth.  I remember noting the cloudy and overcast days and have neglected the fact that most days have been beautiful weather.  Even when I note that the weather is not perfect, don’t think I am complaining.  I am just describing the conditions around us.  We enjoy every day to the fullest and count each as a blessing from God.

Today started as most of our days (by the way, it was sunny out) with coffee and breakfast in our room.  Today we only had fruit, saving ourselves for the taco bar on the Lido Deck later today.  I really had nothing to do yesterday, but I didn’t finish it until this morning. (Joke)

When I collected my e-mail today I had a message from another geocacher who wanted to get together,  It seems that during the meeting of geocachers he had missed seeing the group.  I guess we should have had a sign.  I told him that we would be in the Explorer’s Lounge for hors d’ouvres at 5 PM.  I also told him where we would be sitting.

After breakfast we went to the library and picked up the daily Sudoku puzzles.  Today’s sheet had puzzles with difficulties rated at medium and hard.  Amazingly during the afternoon I was able to solve both.  I think this was the first hard one I have been able to finish.  We also put in another shout out for a meeting of geocachers.  In all fairness I shouldsay that Gerri does the hard puzzle first and then easily finishes the medium difficulty puzzles.

We went to the pool area on Lido Deck.  There was too long a line at the taco bar for me to get lunch before the intelligence gathering lecture.  I headed to the Crown Grill hoping to get the featured pub food.  There was a long line there. too.  After the lecture on spies and spying, I went back to the Crown Grill and had fish and chips.

We went to the Lounge at 4:45 and got seats in the described area.  Today’s feature was shrimp.  The group ended up being three couples;  Gerri and me, Rick and Rosie of R&R Cruisers and Hans and Lori Weber of 2hanweb.  Hans and his wife live in upstate New York.  After discussing our finds, dnfs and experiences we went our separate ways.

We then went to the 7 PM show in the Princess Theater and saw Jim McDonald.  He was a comedian that had been featured on the David Letterman show.  He had a very funny act.  On this cruise we have seen several comic acts and they have all been good.  On other cruises there has been at least one act that we didn’t enjoy as much as others.


Guess what we did next!  If you guessed anything but dinner at our regular time, you missed it.   After dinner it was back to our room for some reading and then bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment