Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday April 3, 2014 At sea

This started as another lazy day at sea.  We slept in until 9 and then ordered our coffee and breakfast brought to the room.

At 12:30 we went to a lecture in the Princess Theater on pirates.  There were some high spots, but over all it was pretty dull.  We sat in a lounge and tried the daily Suduko.  Gerri finished the easy one and gave up on the medium one.  I messed up the easy one and didn't even try the medium puzzle. Gerri read while I went back to the theater for a lecture given by a retired Air Force officer on the spy planes.  Very interesting he covered the U-2 and the SR-71.

We tried to find out about the afternoon tea and finally found it in the Princess Patter.  Tea was and will be in the Donnatelli Dining Room at 3 PM.  We decided not to wait and had Cubana Sandwiches in the International Cafe.

We went back to the room to rest and clean up for the Captain's Reception at seven.

Since I had the pacemaker put in and my medicines changed, I meant to bring my blood pressure cuff but forgot it.  I went to the medical office to have them take my blood pressure.  I think my pressure went up when they told me it would cost $45.00.  I decided it would be cheaper just to look for a Walmart in Hilo.

The Captain's Reception lasted until our dinner time.  All the officers and department heads were introduced.  All were in dress uniforms, quite a sight.  Tonight was also a formal night there was a wide range of dress, from tuxedos to tee shirts.

We had dinner at our regular time and then went to a comedy juggling show.  After that we called it a night.  Our clock was set back another hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment