Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Monday April 21, 2014 At Sea




This was our first full day at sea on the return trip to Los Angeles.  We had breakfast and coffee in our room.

Today was wash day.  While getting things ready Gerri went through the pockets of clothing that I had worn.  She found two coins, she said one looked like a dime and the other like a penny.  She laid them on the dresser.  A little later I looked at them.  The one that looked like a dime was a coin from Western Samoa.  The reason the other coin looked like a penny was that it was.  More correctly it was a US minted one cent coin.  The interesting part was that it was an Indian head cent minted in 1887.  While Gerri did the wash I went to the library and picked up the daily Sudoku puzzles.  Today one was medium and the other hard.  Later I managed to solve the medium puzzle.

After getting the wash finished, Gerri went to the pool area and I went to the Intelligence lecture.  Today’s segment was on the Cuban missile crisis and events leading up to and following it.  I went by the library after the lecture to post the blog.  Earlier this morning the internet in the room was poor to load.  I tried to add pictures to the blog for Bora Bora.  Even though we still have a lot of minutes left it was loading too slow to be tolerable.

I went to the pool area and walked around looking for Gerri.  I saw Rick and we talked for a awhile.  He had seen Gerri earlier on the opposite side of the pool.  When I went there she was gone.  I did run into her when walking through the covered pool area.

Tonight we saw the sunset from our balcony.  Our course it must have been north east because the setting sun was a little behind us but we could see the sun meeting the horizon and there were a few clouds to pick up the orange color.

This was formal night.  After dressing we went to the Princess Theater and saw a county western singer, Ric Steel.

We had dinner at our regular time.  We then went to the Vista lounge and saw Jerry Goodspeed.  He is a ventriloquist.  His act with jokes was funny, but from where we sat I couldn’t tell if his mouth moved.  After the show we went back to the room and read for a while before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment