Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Monday April 7, 2014 Honolulu, Hi

We arrived in Honolulu at about 8:30.  We left the ship and took a shuttle to Hilo Hattie's.  While Gerri did some shopping I went looking for and found a cache in the area.

We took the shuttle back to the dock and then walked a few blocks to the Chinatown area.  We had lunch at the Golden Palace Seafood Restaurant.  I'm not sure what all we had.  We ordered shrimp, snow peas and mushrooms off the menu.  The other items they brought around on carts and you pointed out what you wanted.  During lunch we talked on the phone with Bobby Hitt.  We used to work with him.  He now lives on the big island of Hawaii, but we missed him yesterday.




I did one virtual cache in the Chinatown area then we walked back to the ship.  Gerri went to the pool area to relax and to also see the movie Tora Tora Tora and I took a short nap.  Later I walked back up town and did three more caches.  I did meet another couple of cachers from the ship.

After cleaning up we went to dinner at our regular dining room.  Tonight it was open seating.  We had dinner with two sisters from different parts of Canada and a couple from the Tampa area.

Today was the first day for a long time that I walked 10,000 plus steps, I did a little over 15,000.

Tonight we went to bed early after a Hula show featuring local young school girls.  I set an alarm for in the morning.  We are scheduled for a boat tour of the Na Pali coast that leaves the terminal at 8:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment