Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Friday April 4, 2014 At Sea

The sea was calmer today, but most of the day was gray and cloudy.

We had our coffee and breakfast in our room as usual.  When we unpacking on Tuesday, I dropped my shaver and the blades, foils and other parted all scattered.  I did find all the parts but they didn't go back together well.  The shaver made more noise than usual and didn't seem to shave as close as it should.  Not that a heavy beard is a problem for me, it just doesn't grow much and certainly not evenly.  I tried every day to get the shaver together properly.  Today I finally succeeded.

We picked up quizzes and today's Suduko puzzles at the library.  We also dropped off some shore excursion requests.  Some we sold out and we are on waiting lists.  We signed up for only one tour in Hawaii.  That one along the Napali coast of Kauai.  We had toured the big island, Maui and Oahu extensively on past trips.  During our last stay on Kauai we had to cancel a boat trip along the Napali Coast because of weather.

We went to the pool area, but it was to cool with the wind across the deck.  We went to the enclosed pool and read or did Suduko puzzles.  Gerri finished both the easy and medium puzzles, I flubbed th easy one too badly to recover.  I gave up.  

We decided to have lunch at the Crown Grill which was featuring English Pub food today.  There was a long line.  We decided to have hamburgers at the grill in the pool area.  We got here just before the line for that service built up.

In the afternoon we went separate ways.  Gerri went to the art auction and I went to the second segment of the spy plane lectures.

When I went back to the room, I was going to check e-mail when I noticed that I was logged has having used 171 minutes yesterday.  The rest of my log on times were about 10 minutes.  I went to the Internet Cafe and the manager restored 141 minutes.  He also advised me to turn off the wifi on the iPad when not in use.

Gerri had some stomach pains and didn't go to dinner.  She had chicken broth in the room.  I went to dinner and a comedian show afterward.



No comments:

Post a Comment