Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wednesday March 6, 2013, Escondido, CA



When I got up this morning it was sunny with high puffy clouds.  By 9 AM the bottoms of the clouds were turning grey and we were pretty much in shadows.  Toward late afternoon the sky had cleared and it was a little breezy.
I had woke up at 6am and started worrying about the Friday memorial for my Mother; do I understand the interaction with the cemetery, should I have hired a mortuary to guide the process,  is the restaurant really set up for the luncheon to follow, what will the weather be?  I am trying to keep in mind; Matthew 6:34, "Be not therefore anxious for the the morrow: for the morrow will be anxious for itself..."  I will make some calls anyway, since I believe in being prepared.  I set up the printer in the motor home, again.  I don't know why it looses connection with the computer.  I also set it up to work with Gerri's computer. 

Gerri hadn't felt well during the night and took it wasy most of the day.  We didn't plan to go to visit Neva at the Welk Resort until late afternoon.  I went to a nearby water store and filled out 2.5 gallon container.  I also found seven nearby geocaches.  After caching I went and checked the gas station that had the cheapest diesel in the area.  I didn't like the way I had to get in and out of the station.  I may just opt to pay a little more per gallon and go to the nearby Shell station with easier access. 


After 4 PM I called the restaurant in Riverside, Creola's, where we are going after my mother's memorial service.  I confirmed that we were all set for Friday afternoon.  We were.
Homes on the hill east of the Welk Resort

We went to the Welk Resort at about five.  I went to the start point of a multi-cache and tried to get the information needed for the second and final leg.  I don't think I got it right.  The cache information says the end cache is in walking distance and my calculations showed it over six miles away.  That may be considered walking distance by some but not me.
Welk Rabbit

We had turkey, sweet potatoes, asparagus and coleslaw for supper followed by strawberries.  Gerri still wasn't feeling well and didn't eat much and no dessert.  We did play a game of dominoes.  Gerri won, with Neva second and me bringing up the rear.

We got home about 9:30 and as usual TV and computer finished the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment