Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, March 18, 2013

Sunday, March 17, 2013, Las Vegas, NV

Another overcast day at San Clemente.  I had a head start on getting things ready to travel by doing some of the chores last night, so our coffee time wasn't hurried.  We checked mail and Facebook and then Gerri started putting things away inside.  All that had to be done outside was unhook the sewer, water and power.   I like to do those after the large slide is in, so I don't have to duck walk under the slide.  After the slides were in and the jacks up I moved the coach forward so there was room to hook up the Jeep in the site.  We pulled out about 11 and the sun made it's arrival.  Our route was north on I-5 to CA-55 to CA-91 to the I-15.  There was no wind and only a few places where traffic slowed.

We stopped for lunch at the In-N-Out in Victorville.  I didn't make the same mistake I made there last year.  This time I parked where there was plenty of room to get out without worrying about tight spots.

 I got really sleepy and stopped at the Valley Wells Rest Area and took a short nap.  Gerri gave me an apple when we started out again and I was good for the rest of the trip.

We filled up with diesel at the Sam's Club at Arroyo Crossing and got home and parked by 7.  The drive home was 296 miles.

At about 8 Todd called on Skype and we talked to Emma and Wyatt.  They serenaded us with piano playing and later with Emma on a recorder and Wyatt on a tin whistle.

The Post Office failed again.  Gerri had put a stop on the mail and then tried to get it delivered while Curtis was here.  It wasn't delivered then.  Gerri got an e-mail from the PO saying delivery would resume on the 16th.  It may have resumed but our held mail was not delivered.  I was looking for our statements from Chase Investments, that was the last thing we need to file our taxes.  I have an appointment at 11 in the morning and mail doesn't normally come until the afternoon, I will have to call and change the appointment.  We are a little pressed for time to file because we leave for Cabo San Lucas on April 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment