Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday, March 13, 2013, San Clemente, CA

View from my window
The fog hung around longer this morning.  The sun was high in the sky before even dim shadows were cast.  A little before noon I still couldn't see across the campground.

The Cavagnaro's left about 10, they had gone out to breakfast before hooking up to leave.

I walked down along the bluff and a turn around the park.  Not many people were out in the fog.  In the afternoon I went out looking for some geocaches. I found two, didn't find two and didn't look for another one because of five previous DNFs.  The first cache I did was down some stairs to the beach, only part of the container was there, I claimed the find anyway.  I walked the rest of the way down to the beach trail and then south to try to find a cache I had looked for last week.  I didn't find it this time either.  Back up the hill and stairs.  My next search took me to the San Clemente Pier.  The cache was about .3 miles from where I had to park.  The fog was still thick, I couldn't see the end of the pier from the other end.  I found the cache and couldn't see the land from where I was on the pier.  The next cache was by San Clemente City Hall and hadn't been found since December, I didn't find it now either.  I drove to the park where the next cache was supposed to be, the last five cachers hadn't found it so I didn't even look.

That is the sun through the fog
Back at the coach I tried to get sundown pictures.  It was still foggy and the sun was only visible as a disk, no color and it was hidden from view as it dropped toward the horizon.  On the way back to the coach I talked to some neighbors, we spotted one of the campground skunks but it went away from us.

Back at the coach I logged my cache finds and watched some TV before eating the left overs from yesterday at Sonny's.














I called Fry's and found out my computer still isn't fixed.

After eating it was more TV and computer time and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment