Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, March 8, 2013

Thursday, March 7, 2013, Escondido, CA

The weather is holding, bad.  Today the clouds didn't start breaking up until after 10.  Coffee and computer started our day.

I got a call from a representative of the Riverside National Cemetery verifying our time and clearing up a few questions I had about the process.  I think that everything I have control of for my Mothers Memorial is set.

We went to see Neva at the Welk Resort a little afternoon.  Today Neva fixed roast beef as a mini family reunion was planned.   We got there after Jack Barnhart and Marilyn Faircloth had arrived.  Jack is is part of our extended Barnhart family and Marilyn is Neva's 1st cousin.  John and Montyne arrived shortly after we did.

John Connolly, Jack Barnhart and Frank Barker
We visited for awhile and had a great meal; we started with shrimp cocktails followed by roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls and salad. 

Marilyn Faircloth, Frank Barker, Gerri Barker, Jack Barnhart and Neva Barnhart


Before Jack and Marilyn headed home we had the customary picture taking session. We did discover during this years reunion that one of Marilyn's younger sister and John graduated the same year and the same high school in San Diego. 
Montyne Connolly, Neva Barnhart and Gerri Barker
After Jack and Marilyn left, Montyne and John took naps and I went out caching. The nearby multi cache eluded me again, I found one and DNFed another before it got too dark to search.

When I got back, naps were over.  We went to the club house to play BINGO at 7.  Neva won two games, John and Gerri won one game each,  Montyne and I won none.  It was a fun time, there were even some of the same people there that played last year.

Back at the timeshare, turkey sandwiches were proposed.  It quickly turned into a complete meal with turkey, cranberry sauce, a selection of raw vegetables including jimaca, tomatoes, avocados, sliced onions, lettuce, plus chips, salsa and some sliced cheese.
We went home about 9:30.

Our usual closing of the day with TV and computer was started.  I tried to start the blog on my computer and couldn't get to the page to start a new post.  I did have another go at setting up the printer, again, again.  After a few more tries at the blog page I decided to try rebooting.  I got a message that Windows Explorer wouldn't start and that was as far as I got after several tries.  I finally gave up and went to bed.

Rain came before sleep and I heard it every time I woke up during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment