Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Monday, March 11, 2013, San Clemente, CA

Gerri slept in later than I did.  After fixing the coffee, I tried once again to enlarge the text in the blog for yesterday so that I could read it.  I am used to using a mouse with a scroll button and am not use to a super sensitivities touch pad.  In the light of a new day, and a refreshing night's sleep the text problem was quickly solved.  Now to figure out how to find pictures on the computer.  I really look forward to getting mine back tomorrow.  I hope I never have to buy a computer with Windows 8.  C:/DOS was a lot simple, but in those days the computer wasn't as universal and the internet was all text and the closest thing to e-mail was bulletin boards.  I remember when a friend showed me his computer with the first version of Windows installed   My question to him was; if you wanted a PC to look like a Mac, why didn't you just buy a Mac?  I don't know if the computer savvy kid of today, using smart phones and iPad or computers, know or understand what we have gone through during the last 25 years to get them where they are today.  But, I digress.

Between the time change and her busy day at Disneyland, Gerri slept in late even by our standards.  I did my exercise routine and went for a walk around the park.  Of course a walk around the park was interrupted by stopping and talking with other campers.  In this park there are a variety of camping units from tents to large 5th wheels and Class a motorhomes.  I have noticed in my walking around there are at least three Class C motorhomes that are in the day use area everyday..  My understanding is the day use area closed at 10 PM and everyone has to be out.  Day use is $15 a day and I think there is some type of annual pass available.  I plan to ask one of the volunteers I have met where these people go at night.

When I got back to the coach, Elaine was over  and among other things talking about dinner plans.  The decision was we would have dinner together.  We pooled left overs and had a fine feast.
After returning to our coach, I got in TV time of old westerns.  Even though Gunsmoke was aired for twenty years, when you see a couple of episodes daily pretty sooe the repeats start repeating.  Oh well, there are still Have Gun Will Travel, The Lawman, Cheyenne, The Rifleman and of course Judge Judy and Pawn Stars.

My computer is still in the hospital so I checked my e-mail and Facebook on the iPod.  Using the iPod sure cuts down on my reply to both e-mail and responses to items posted on Facebook.  The keys are too small for my big clumsy fingers and I can very seldom find my stylus.

I went to bed early and Gerri wasn't far behind.  A good day with a lot of down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment