Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday, March 12, 2013, San Clemente, CA

I got up about seven.  It was so foggy that none of the trees at the east side of the park were visible.  The sun came up but was about 30 degrees above our horizon before the fog started burning off.  The fog would clear a little and then roll back in.  It was like May Grey or June Gloom.  After coffee and my exercises I went for a walk around the park.

Later I went out to try a few caches and get our water container filled.  I went to the area of the nearest cache by using the GPS in the Jeep.  I tried to call it up on my handheld but couldn't find the file.  I went for the water and found a dispenser by a Rite Aid store and filled the 2.5 gallon container.  I paged through the files on my GPS and found the right one.  I tried a cache near the Rite Aid, but it was in front of three businesses and I felt very conspicuous.  I did go back to the cache closest to the RV Park and found it. I also spoke to the cache owner and went back to the coach.

Gerri and Elaine played some cards before time to go meet Bill and Arlene at Sonny's.  We met them a little after 5 and had a great dinner, we have never had a bad meal at Sonny's in San Clemente.



After dinner I drove back to the cache in front of the businesses.  Elaine found it quickly.  I also drove Bill and Elaine by the cache I had found earlier.  This cache was in plain sight but very cleverly disguised, it was even labeled as a geocache.

After the two caches we went back to the park and I visited with Bill and John while Gerri and Elaine played cards.  We went back to our coach and did a little TV and computer time before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment