Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Saturday, March 9, 2013, Escondido, CA

It was very cloudy when I got up and fixed the coffee.  The weather prediction is for improving weather in the days to come, but I don't see that out there this morning.  Gerri slept in late this morning.  I guess she was drained from the activities yesterday.  I know that I feel a great relief having finished the tasks necessary leading up to and including yesterday's ceremony.  My Mother is finally laid to rest with her husband of nearly 50 years, Ted passed in 2005.

Yesterday while at the cemetery I looked up Ted's grave site and information.  It showed that his service in the Marine Corps was from 1959 to 1962.  I know he retired with 20 years service.  The gentleman in the office told me that was on the most recent DD-214 and that if I sent in the others the information would be corrected.

Since my computer quit on me, I took it by Fry;s in San Marcos.  They said it would probably be ready on Tuesday.   In the meantime I am using my iPod to check e-mail and Facebook.  For the blog and other things that need a lot of typing, I use Gerri's laptop.

At 2 we went to Neva's timeshare at the Welk Resort.  I dropped Gerri off and went out to find a few caches.  The first one was a multi cache that I had DNFed twice before.  I also found five others in the area.
Back at the timeshare we exchanged some pictures and then played a game of Mexican Train.  Montyne won the game.

Our supper took care of most of the leftovers.

National Cemetery Geese
We got back to the coach at about 10:30.  Gerri went straight to bed and I watched some TV and finshed the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment