Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Saturday, March 16, 2013,. San Clemente, Ca

Overcast this morning, it was hard to be sure if it was fog or just clouds.  The sunshine came and went.  We had our coffee and caught up on e-mail and Facebook.

We were expecting a call from Tood to let us know when they would be getting here from Long Beach for a visit.  Todd called and let me know that they would be on the way after eating and that they wouldn't be staying overnight.

I loaded in the coordinates of a cache just up the coast from the San Clemente Pier. I stopped for gas at the nearby 76 Station, the price was $4.559 a gallon.  At the cache site I had to wait for a person with two dogs to vacate the bench where the container was hidden.  After he left it was a quick find.  While I was retrieving the cache Todd called and let me know they were leaving their house.
The Long Beach Barkers



I only did the one cache and headed back to the campground.  I did a little more work on getting my computer back in shape.  Todd and family arrived at about 1:30.  We had some toys to give Wyatt and Emma that we had won at BINGO at the Welk Resort last Thursday.  We visited  for awhile and then walked down to the beach.  The trail from the bluff to the beach is steep.  I didn't have too much trouble walking down.  We took some picture and the kids played on the beach for awhile.  When we walked back up to the bluff Todd, Emma, Wyatt and I walked up one path while Gerri and Jeannette walked up the way we had come down.  They got back to the coach before we did.  More visiting and then we headed for dinner.

Us with grandchildren
We went downtown to Avila's El Ranchito.  Parking was a problem, Gerri dropped me off and I got a table while she and Todd found parking spots.  We had a great meal.  After eating we said our goodbyes and Todd and family headed back home in Long Beach.  Gerri and I returned to our home at San Clemente State Beach.

Before going inside for the evening I took down the flags and put the flag pole away. I also emptied the holding tanks.  I decided not to roll up the sewer and water hoses, they are easier to do when the slides are in, no duck walking under the slide out.

Gerri took a nap while I watched TV and restored more files to my computer.

Tomorrow we head back to Las Vegas.  It has been a good month, visiting friends and family, and memorializing and interring my Mother.  I also did a few geocaches  including four that I had failed to find during past trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment