Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Friday, March 15, 2013, San Clemente, CA

Fog?  We had more this morning and along the coast it lasted all day.

Coffee started the morning. along with computer time.  Gerri had plans to meet a high school friend at Norte.  Norte is our favorite Mexican restaurant in Carlsbad.

My computer was still in the hospital at Fry's in San Marcos.  We decided that I would drop Gerri off at Norte's at 1 PM and then I would go to Fry's and pick up my computer.

That is what we did. I dropped Gerri off a little late.  I stopped and had a chicken sandwich at Chick-Fil-A.  This was the first one I have had.  The sandwich was good, but not outstanding. I will try it again when we are near one of the restaurants, we don't have one in Las Vegas.

When I got to Fry's my computer wasn't ready.  I browsed the store and bought a new keyboard and mouse.  My old keyboard had a couple of keys missing. I also bought a USB hub.  I shopped around until my computer was ready.

I went back to Norte's and the Carlsbad Inn to met Gerri and her friend.  Gerri is going to write about her visit:

Base Kids and Classmates Gerri Barker and Diane Bowen
Yes, I recently found out that one of my best girlfriends, Diane Bowen, from Columbus AFB lived in San Diego and I hadn't seen her since I graduated from high school in 1965..now that is a long time.  Facebook brought us together and the visit today was very enjoyable.  We talked about the fun we had back then and also some troubles we got into..haha, caused our mothers some extra grey hairs. We enjoyed our lunch and then went outside and sat on the chaise lounges in the common area of the Carlsbad Inn.  Frank later joined us, took some pictures of us and visited a little longer.  We plan on getting together again on our next visit to So. California in July.



Back at the coach I started setting up my newly repaired computer.  I tried to organize the wires better and connected the new USB hub so that I didn't have to access the back of the computer anymore.  I didn't have the disks for Microsoft office, so that will have to wait until we get back to Las Vegas.  I downloaded Google Chrome and Norton 360.  The downloads took a long time but I was able to do other things while downloading.  With Chrome I now have to set my book marks back up.  The Norton program was easy to set up once it downloaded, very little to do.  I have my Quicken and Topo North America disks with me but will probably wait until I have more time to install the programs.  I got my documents and pictures back in to files on the computer.  Of course I can't use most of the documents until I install Office


No comments:

Post a Comment