Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Monday, March 4,2013, Escondido, CA

We woke up to an overcast day.  The sky began to clear and show some blue by 8:30.
I downloaded a pocket query of caches near the RV Park.  There were two on the list within 0.1 miles.  There is a city park adjoining the RV Park and there is a path with a gate to go into the public park.  The gate has a key to get back into the RV Park, a key is included in the parks welcome package.
After checking things on the computer and having my coffee I walked to the city park and found three caches, all the names started with "A walk in the park."  The caches were all located near the minimum distance apart so my walk was a little over a half mile with up and down hill segments.  During that kind of walk I realize two things.  My left leg hurts and that my right leg isn't fully recovered.
Quack
In the early afternoon we drove up to visit Neva at the Lawrence Welk Resort.  It's only about 7 miles away.  When we got there Gerri's Mom was sitting in the sun on the back patio and watching the ducks move around.

Quack, quack

Gerri took her computer along but forgot her phone.  I left them there visiting and headed back to the coach to get the cellphone.  I took old US-395 back to Escondido and did five caches along the way.  My pocket query didn't extend as far as the Welk Resort, so I plan to do another one and do some of the caches closer to there.
When I returned the ladies had already eaten lunch.  Neva made me a delicious BLT with raw vegetables on the side.  Neva had renewed her anti virus program on her computer but hadn't installed the updates.  I spent a little time doing that for her.

No butter, mo better
Every Monday there is a Farmers market at the Resort.  Gerri and I went just before dark to check it out.  Most of the booths were arts and craft with some food vendors mixed in.  There were only three large booths with produce.  We didn't see any art work like John and Montyne make and sell.  We will tell them about the market and they can check it out to see if the want to set up a booth there in the future.  Escondido is fairly close to where they live in San Diego.  We should have taken jackets as it was quite cool by the time we walked around the market place.  They had both propane heaters and fireplaces lit for the shoppers comfort.

A new meaning for comfort station


Back at Neva's timeshare we visited with the kids in Texas via Skype.  It was near their bedtime but we did get to see Brandon's teeth coming in to replace the seven he has lost.  Neva fixed supper.  We had BBQ ribs, corn on the cob and salad.  VERY good.

We went back to the coach at about nine.  I tried to finish this blog but had a lot of connection problems.  I gave it up and watched a recorded American Pickers followed by a Gunsmoke episode and called it a night. Gerri had gone in the bedroom earlier and was slumped over her computer asleep when I got there.


No comments:

Post a Comment