Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tuesday June 3, 2014 Verdi, NV

Our last day in the Reno area started with a clear sky and 62 degrees.  I fixed coffee, Gerri had gotten up before me and already started her computer activities.  Today was mowing day so there was quite a bit of activity outside.  But still no internet on the park's system.

I called St. Mary's to see if my friend Don was still there.  I wanted to visit him before we left town . The operator said that he was no longer there and since I wasn't family they couldn't tell me where he went.  I knew that he had been in a skilled nursing facility in Sparks before he was admitted to St. Mary's.  I called the facilities list in Sparks, no one there by that name.  I called back to St. Mary's and got the operator to consent to try to call Don'e nephew Gary Tafoya and ask him to call me.

At two we went to Kathleen's so that we could be there when Shannon got home from school.  Sean was on the computer, not playing World of Warcraft, he doesn't have the password to log on to the game.  He was on the computer researching how to play the game better.  When Shannon got home from school she wanted to stay at the house.  I walked to a nearby cache.  The walk would have been shorter if I had take the right trail.  Later I drove out and found a cache a little further away.  I then drove to one I didn't find.

While I was hunting the first cache I got a call from Don Damitz's nephew, Gary Tafoya.  The hospital had got a message to him to call me.  The news wasn't good.  Don had died on Saturday the 31st.  The only surprising thing about his death was the short time that he lived after we visited him last week.

Once everyone but Maddy was home, she was at work, Milana decided  on the restaurant for the evening.  This dinner was to celebrate her high school graduation.  She chose IHOP.  Everyone went including Sean.

I ordered fish and chips and when I got the plate it didn't look very appetizing.  I ask for tarter sauce and was told they were out.  I told the waitress that I wanted the country fried steak instead.  A few minutes later she brought the fish and chips back, saying they found the tarter sauce.  I told her I still wanted a new meal.  The country fried steak was very good.  It was hot and looked appealing when it was served.  Everyone else's meal was satisfactory.

Milana's Graduation Dinner
The honoree chose to have breakfast.  I think that is why she choose IHOP.

Back at the house we said our final goodbyes for this trip and went back to the coach.  I put away the flags and hooked up the Jeep before retiring for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment