Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, June 20, 2014

Thursday June 19, 2014 Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada

At the Northern Lights RV Park, British Columbia
Breakfast was at 9 am prepared by our staff. We were up around 7 so I made coffee to start our day.  I tried to get on the internet with no luck  It bothers me to be so far behind posting the blogs.  I even went to the club house, it wasn't any better.

Breakfast was blueberry pancakes, ham, orange juice and coffee.  We had our briefing for tomorrow's travel after breakfast.  The only group activity after breakfast was a group photo at the Mile Zero marker.  The picture taking was near the visitor's center.  We went there and caught up on e-mail and managed to post some blogs with pictures.
The real Mile Zero marker.
Turns out I was missing some pictures, so we had to go back to the coach and load them on the computer. Internet reception was faster so I was able to get the rest of the blogs posted.  I also got my logs of found geocaches logged.

Later in the afternoon Gerri went back to the visitor's center for internet access.  I went to Walmart and then caching.

At Walmart I bought some braces for my elbows. I'm going to try to keep my elbows covered to stop the damage and bleeding when I bump them.  The braces are a material like a wet suit.  It's worth a try.  I also bought some highlighters for marking our log and maps.

I found one cache and then stopped at a tire store to see if they had tire valve extensions.  They had six inch ones and I bought them.
The marker where we had our group picture taken
An art galley in an old grain elevator.

I plan to replace the short ones as I need to check the tire pressure on the inside duals.   I went to another cache and when I was looking for access I met the Johnson's, they are are on the caravan with their grandson and also geocaches.  We did two more caches together before I went back to pick up Gerri.




While caching I found some Wild Roses growing.  We went through Alberta without seeing any.  Alberta is known as the Wild Rose Country.








Wild Roses
Back at the coach Gerri warmed up the beans from a few days ago and added, asparagus, celery, carrots and corn tortilla for a great supper.

It started to rain at about 9::30.  Rain had been threatening since late afternoon.

Some computer and TV time finished off the evening.  We were in bed by 10.  Tomorrow we go to Ft. Nelson for one night, the drive distance of 284 miles.  We have been warned of rough roads with frost heaves.  We plan to leave between 8 and 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment