Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, June 6, 2014

Thursday, June 5, 2014 Wilder, ID

We didn't get up until very late, 10 AM.  I suppose it was a combination of having driven longer than I like to yesterday and the time change.  I know that we are happy being back on the road.  I fixed the coffee and we enjoyed that while catching up on e-mail and other computer activity.

In the afternoon, about 2, I went out to find some geocaches.  The first one that I found had been a "Did Not Find" by the last geocacher.  That cacher must have been in a hurry, I found the cache easily.  I normally don't hunt a cache that has the last two logs as DNF.  I found one other and drove to the area of a third but at .8 miles away I found myself in a private drive.  I gave up on that one.

Looking forward out the windshield

Gerri spent the day at the coach, enjoying doing nothing but looking out at the scenery and trying to figure out the names of a few birds that were around.  The birds were uncooperative, they didn't sit still for long, and the bird book is hard to use.  The Snake River is only a few feet from our front window but it looks like a lake.  In yesterdays blog I included a picture of the coach in our site.  Today the pictures are the view from the coach.

Looking to the left from the windshield
Gerri fried chicken breast and made a pasta dish for supper. We topped that off with slices of cantaloupe.  She had bought this cantaloupe in Las Vegas and I cut and sliced it a few days ago. It was absolutely the best cantaloupe I ever remember eating.

After dinner I took out the garbage and decided to take a walk all around the park.  After more frustration trying to identify one particular bird, a medium sized black bird with red either under the wings or red on the breast, she gave up and joined me walking around the park.

At the end of our walk I stopped and talked to a neighbor.  They are from Utah and have been here for eight months.  Gerri called her mother and spent time on the phone catching up and updating.  By 9:30 it was completely dark and we were in bed by ten.  I went to sleep and Gerri spent some time with Sudoku puzzles.


No comments:

Post a Comment