Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Friday June 13, 2014 Radium Valley, British Columbia, Canada

 We got up at 7:30 MST.  I only fixed a cup of coffee each because we were  having breakfast at the clubhouse.  Breakfast was prepared by our wagonmasters and tailgunners.  Breakfast was followed by a briefing on tomorrow's travel.

Along Simpson Creek
It was raining lightly most of the morning, starting at about 3 AM.  The water pressure had dropped since last night so Gerri tried turning on the pump.  The pump didn't work.  I solved some of the problem by removing a couple of kinks from the water hose.  I got the pressure back but the pump still doesn't work.  I checked the fuse and it wasn't blown.

The regular pool at Radium Hot Springs

The spring fed pool at Radium Hot Springs

Simpson Creek near Radium Hot Springs
 While at the Hot Springs I gathered the information for an earth cache as we looked around the area.  We also saw a small herd of bighorn sheep on the hillside opposite the Hot Springs.


















The building where the pools are located are built astride Simpson Creek and the creek runs under the building.








Cliffs at Red-wall Fault




 We drove a little further up the canyon and took pictures of a cliff formation called the Red-wall Fault.  The cliffs are about 300' tall and I also got information there about another earth cache.





Radium Valley
It rained off and on most of the afternoon.  I did get out and find one more cache.  I went near some others but they were in the brush or down long steep trails.

For dinner Gerri finished fixing the enchiladas that were put off from yesterday.  After dinner we watched some of the TV shows we have recorded. We also caught up on computer chore.  I also called Todd and told him that we were in Canada. He and the kids wished me Happy Father's day early.

Gerri went to bed with her Sudoku at about 10 and I followed after watching another 1/2 hour episode of Gunsmoke.

It was a good day.  This was about the third time this week I made my goal of 5000 steps.  I think I will keep that goal and raise it at the end of the month.





No comments:

Post a Comment