Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tuesday October 29, 2013, Margate FL

My cold was still hanging on this morning, so I stayed in bed until almost 11.  My cold hasn't been too bad, I was able to enjoy my coffee this morning.

Gerri did go grocery shopping.  While she was gone I took down the filters for the air conditioning return ducts and washed them.  Two of the vents didn't have filters.  I felt around the duct work and found the filters.  The Velcro had come loose and the filters were sucked up the vent a little way.  The return air system design leaves something to be desired.  There are 12 vents that have to be removed with a screw driver.  The filters themselves are held to the plastic vents by Velcro and the adhesive had given up.  I replaced the missing Velcro and washed out all the filters and replaced them in the ceiling.  Another not so glamorous motor homing chore.

Gerri went to pick up her mother at the airport.  I waited for the RV service company.  4 PM came and went.  At 4:40 I called Coach Net and they contacted the mobile service.  The story was that their last call had taken longer than expected.  They said they would be here in about an hour.

The RV repair people arrived at the same time Gerri got back with her mother.  It was dark and I explained the problems and it was decided he would call American Coach for schematics and call me back in the morning.

I must say he didn't inspire a lot of confidence.  We will see in the morning.

Today was Neva's birthday so we had a big celebration  The festivities began with sliced apples and cheese hors d'ouvres.  The extravagant dinner was turkey and cheese sandwiches followed by oatmeal raisin cookies in honor of National Oatmeal Day, AJ's favorite cookie.

We visited with Neva until about 10:30, of course she is still on Nevada time.  We unfolded the sofa for the first time this year so Neva could be comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment