Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday, October 10, 2013, At Sea between Venice and Messina, Italy





Another overcast morning.  Worst  of all I didn't sleep well and my cold now included a twinge of a sore throat.  I took more Nyquil and stayed in bed most of the day.
Gerri did some shopping and met with Jayne for awhile in the Vista Lounge over hors d'ouvres.  She also did some shopping.
It was all aboard at by 4 PM and we moved out into the grand canal, to the Venice Lagoon and on to the open sea.  I took some pictures as we traveled past the main part of town.  I took the pictures with my iPad.  I touched something on the screen and found that I could zoom in for closer shots.  It took some time to figure out what I done to get the zoom feature, but now I know.  I don't know what the pixel count is for the iPad, but it takes very good pictures.
In the early evening I was feeling better, no sore throat and I wasn't coughing as much.  I took a shower and got dressed planning to go to our regular dining room meal.  We were assigned a new table for this portion of our cruise, a round one that seats six with all chairs instead of the couch on one side like we had.  Our table mates are still Lou and Mona from Coronado, CA, and Del and Kay from Tucson, AZ.  Of course now we have to get used to new waiters, that shouldn't be a problem we have 16 more days with them.
After dinner we went back to the room  I medicated myself again, just in case.  We called it an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment