Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Friday, October 18, 2013, At Sea between Barcelona, Spain and Funchal, Madeira, Portugal





Sometime around midnight we passed through the Straights of Gibraltar.  Thus from the Mediterranean Sea into the Atlantic Ocean.  We slept in again and ordered our usual breakfast in our room.  After posting yesterday's blog and getting Gerri's e-mail.  I ventured out  and dropped off our Future Cruise deposit form and our disembarkation information sheet. 
Yesterday my iPad locked up and I couldn't figure out how to get it restarted.  I went by the internet cafe and one of the people there showed me how to reset it.
We went to the pool area on deck 16 for awhile but the clouds were coming and going and the wind came up. I then tried to go for a walk, but on deck 17 I almost lost my hat in the wind.  I gave it up and went back to the cabin.
At 6:30 there was a show in the Princess Theater.  We enjoyed another comedian, he was very funny.  We then watched some of the Brazilian Line Dance Party in the Vista Lounge and part of a movie music trivia Name that Tune contest before dinner with Dan, the Deputy Cruise Director.  He is always good for several funny comments. Too bad we couldn't stay for the whole contest as we had to leave for our dinner.
Dinner was at our usual time and everyone was there.  Another great meal.
Tomorrow is our last port of call on the small island of Madeira before heading toward Ft. Lauderdale.  We have a tour booked and I hope to have time to find a cache there.

No comments:

Post a Comment