Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, October 14, 2013

Sunday, October 13, 2013, A Sea between Naples and Citavecchia (Rome),Italy





We arrived in Naples at 6 AM.  We didn't get up until later. After that we ordered our coffee plus Gerri had a egg, cheese and bacon breakfast on an English Muffin.  I had a bran muffin.  Being up and down in the morning I soon discovered I still wasn't at 100%.  Some of my cold was still hanging on.  Worse than that Gerri has a twinge of a sore throat.
Our city tour of Naples didn't meet until one in the Symphony Dining Room.  Our group wasn't called until 1:30.  Since it was Sunday there wasn't a lot of traffic. This was probably the worse bus trip for photographs.  The streets were narrow and the historical sites were too close to get good photos, or there were power lines and signs in the way.  We made one stop for refreshments and rest rooms.
When we returned to the cruise ship terminal Gerri did some shopping in the duty free stores, but didn't buy much.  Back on the ship I laid down.  Gerri brought me a margarita pizza and then left me to rest.  After eating I watched a movie.  Gerri had gone to a couple of areas to read.  She returned to the room with a bowl of soft serve ice cream from Swirls.
Gerri went to bed early and I stayed up a little longer.
Tomorrow we are back in the port city of Citavecchia, the port closest to Rome.  We have no tours booked but hope there is a town center and shopping area close to the dock area.

No comments:

Post a Comment