Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Monday, October 7,2013, At Sea between Athens, Greece and Venice, Italy




We woke up this morning to a totally gray sky.  Clouds were evenly covering horizon to horizon.  The sea was equally gray and running with 6-9' rollers with whitecaps.  The wind didn't seem to be very great, there was no spray lifting off the whitecaps.  Our course is now roughly north west with the heel of the boot of Italy off to our west but out of sight.
We had our coffee in the cabin along with a melon bowl and bran muffin.  Gerri watched some episodes from the third season of The Good Wife.  I did a few Sudoku puzzles on my iPad.  We were just generally lazy not venturing out of our room until late afternoon.
Last night I had trouble with Blogspot not publishing the blog.  Later I found that it had published the blog several times.  I also realized my day of the week was wrong, I had two Wednesdays.  I tried to correct the days and erase the extra postings.  Apparently I erased one of the posting that I had shared on FaceBook.  That made the link I shared on FaceBook invalid.  I think I got the problems fixed.
Tonight is a formal night and the only thing we have planned before dinner is our visit to the Club 6 for the hor d'ouvres.  The main hors d'ouvres were the creamy goat cheese on pita bread.  Very tasty.
We had dinner at our regular time, all of our table mates were there.  Tonight lobster tails and jumbo prawns were the main course that everyone chose.  We started with shrimp or sea food and escargot.  Gerri also ordered the wild pheasant which we shared.  Tonight's main dessert was Baked Alaskan served after waiters did the traditional march around the dining room carrying it with lit candles.
As you might guess we over ate.  It was back to our room for us.
Tomorrow is the last night on the first half of our cruise.  We arrive in Venice at 1 PM and the forecast is for rain.  We are scheduled for an evening gondola ride and are hoping the forecast is wrong.
The sea was angry today my friends but the ride was smooth.  The height of the swells and waves didn't change a whole lot during the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment